Just wanted to let everyone know that I haven’t forgotten about this blog, it’s just that business has been really good in my freelance web consulting practice. I’ll be posting more articles soon.
In the meantime, I wanted to urge everyone to check out Dr. Ron Paul, the Republican congressman running for President. His campaign is rocking, but they still need a lot of support. There is currently a movement to try and get 100,000 people to pledge to donate $100 on November 5th for a total of $10m in a single day. They have about 14,000 pledges so far, with 5 days left. You can sign up at thisnovember5th.com
If you’re not yet familiar with Dr. Paul’s campaign, here’s a few key facts about him:
- He is a 10-term congressman from Texas.
- He is an OB-GYN who has delivered over 4000 babies.
- He served in the Air Force as a flight surgeon.
- He has never voted to raise taxes.
- He has never voted for an unbalanced budget.
- He has never voted for a federal restriction on gun ownership.
- He has never voted to raise congressional pay.
- He has never taken a government-paid junket.
- He has never voted to increase the power of the executive branch.
- He voted against the Patriot Act.
- He voted against regulating the Internet.
- He voted against the Iraq war.
- He does not participate in the lucrative congressional pension program.
- He returns a portion of his annual congressional office budget to the U.S. treasury every year.
Learn more about Dr. Paul’s campaign at RonPaul2008.com